Category III: Instructional Delivery
Teachers, through their knowledge of content and their skill in delivering instruction, engage students in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies. Category III reviews: Communications, Questioning and Discussion Techniques, Engaging Students in Learning, Providing Feedback, Demonstrating Flexibility and Responsiveness.
Teacher’s performance demonstrates:
- Clear and appropriate communication of procedures and high-quality explanations of the content
- Highly effective use of different levels of questioning and discussion strategies that encourage most, if not all, students to participate
- High-level engagement of students in learning and appropriate pacing of instruction
- Equitable, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their learning
- Informed and appropriate use of formal and informal assessments to meet learning goals and to monitor student learning
- High degree of flexibility and responsiveness in meeting the learning needs of students.